Sunday, April 06, 2008

Mormon Tabernacle Choir director finds new job

Utah State University on Friday confirmed that Craig Jessop, longtime director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, will return to Cache Valley to lead the Logan school's music department.
    "We are pleased with this marvelous addition to the very strong music program," Edward Glatfelter, dean of USU's College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, said in a statement. "Professor Jessop brings with him a wonderful quality, not only from the choral aspect, but in furthering the continued growth and development of the entire department."
    Jessop directed the Mormon Tabernacle Choir from 1999 until his abrupt resignation on March 4. At that time, he said he planned to remain active in the musical world "including teaching - the career that . . . originally began my musical journey."
...    "Utah State is my home," his statement said. "The people of Utah are my people. My wife and I met, dated and courted at Utah State University. There is no place I would rather spend my time than here in my home state and home university."
...    Speculation has been rampant about where Jessop would end up since his surprise resignation from the choir. No one has said for certain why he left.
...
Full Article here

No comments: